If you have the opportunity to marry not just a wonderful person, but a person who loves you more than anything. A person who sees only the best in you. A person who falls in love with every part of you. A person who will raise you up. A person to create a family with, using the sacred power God gave you to do so. A person you in turn love more than anything. A person who makes your heart feel like it is literally exploding with goodness, happiness, and light every time you see them, think about them and spend every waking moment with them. A person who will be with you through everything, I mean everything because they love you. A person who will be with you forever... why wouldn't you take that?
I did.
The Lord blessed me with the most amazing husband ever. EVER. I have never considered staying single through my life, the thought just makes me sad.
I fully understand the ideas spread throughout the world concerning marriage and family, especially today. A lot of people don't understand the value of a dear spouse and creating a family. Statistics and research aside, what's really important is that love and companionship we need as human beings. That comfort we need from those who are closest to us. Some prefer to put this aside, saying there is no need for it; but think about it. What if you were the only person on earth?
The Lord blessed us with families as part of his grand design. The family is truly ordained of God, and it is our privilege to take part in that.
On August 14, 2012 I was sealed forever to my dearest best friend. It didn't change my life-- it made my life into what it is meant to be. Every day gets better and better. Marriage is beautiful. I would want nothing other than to have an eternal companion by my side forever. One who I will create a family with and raise together through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love my husband more than anything. As we have put the Lord first in our relationship, we have been so blessed, especially in our ability to grow and learn together. Marrying him is the greatest thing I have ever done.
No comments:
Post a Comment